Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Nerdfighteria



I'm proud to be a Nerdfighter for many many reasons. The greatest reason is because of the fantastic community that comes with it. I met on wednesday my newest friend and my first IRL nerdfighter. Literally an hour after meeting we were mutually squee-ing about the movie version of The Fault In Our Stars that is coming At Some Point.

Seriously, in the middle of a crowded supermarket. Then she watched me and our other two friends eat a barbecue potato chip chocolate bar. (She just moved to our area from England, so it was kind of a "welcome to America" moment) Unfortunately, barbecue potato chip chocolate is hugely nasty.

Of course, the internet is where Nerdfighteria is primarily based. I mean, just do a quick google search! I've personally not gotten much out of the nerdfighter ning (although I do have a profile). 

I surprisingly find my fellow nerdfighters on GifBoom. Yes, it's pretty much instagram with gifs, and the #nerd hashtag does have a LOT of "nerds" and hipsters-who-think-they're-nerds. But I've found that I am not the only nerdfighter on GifBoom. Plus I started my own hashtag (#realnerds) to differentiate from said "nerds" and hipsters-who-think-they're-nerds.

dftba, Lady E!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment