Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Crashbox and Steampunk: A love affair

So when I was nine or ten, my mom started recording this show called Crashbox on HBO Family. It was an animated educational show, filled with claymation and stop motion. And the robots were totally badass.
I mean, look at the title sequence:


How can that not kindle wonder and imagination of epic proportions in little kid?

All the little robot factory cutscenes were like this, and even though it was my second least favorite game at the time (after Captain Bones) , Psycho Math was equally influential I think.

I would love to show you a clip of Psycho Math, but all the clips on Youtube are utter crap in a bucket, so here's a picture of Professor Rocket, in all his mathtastic, brain blowing, ruler armed, creepy video mouthed, crazy metal haired glory.



I hadn't seen this show since I was eleven when we moved, but recently, we stumbled across it while looking for movies. on HBO, and I believe my exact reaction was "Oh my gosh! Momma it's CRASHBOX!"

So we started recording it again, and you'll be pleased to know that it still makes my clockwork heart tic a little bit faster, and my mechanical heartstrings sing with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment